Thank you for choosing to adopt a pet! The decision to adopt a pet is an important one which we take very seriously. Yappy Tails Animal Rescue’s goal is to place homeless dogs into loving homes and families. We take special care to match the right home with the right pet, ensuring a lifetime of love for both the pet and the adopter. Our adoption process may seem time-consuming, but please understand that we have our dogs’ best interests at heart. We strive to find the best homes possible for our dogs, as well as find the right dog for you and your lifestyle.
Our Screening Process:
- Our application process can take up to 10 business days. To help expedite the process, please let your references know that we will be calling. Additionally, please contact your vet and provide your approval to speak with us.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you apply for a dog and then don’t see the dog on our website, it is because we are screening applications – NOT because the dog is no longer available. We generally only accept 5 applications per dog & then we remove the dog from our site to review these applications.
- Once our screening team completes your review, it is submitted to our board for final review and approval. Our screeners do NOT approve applications. Please reach out to us at email@example.com with questions re: your application status.
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- Fill out an application.
- If applicable, we’ll call your veterinarian to ensure that current and previous pets have been spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and well cared for. Please note: if your current and past dogs have not had regular veterinary care & have not been kept UTD on vaccines and heartworm preventatives, your application will be denied. Heartworm disease is a painful and deadly illness, highly preventable with an inexpensive monthly pill. This is something that we feel very strongly about and will weigh heavily on application decisions.
- In addition to a vet references, we will contact the (3) three personal references you provide on your application.
- For renters, we’ll check with your landlord to ensure that dogs are permitted and that the dog that you’re adopting wouldn’t violate any size or breed restrictions.
- Lastly, we may visit your home to see the environment where the dog will live, answer your questions and complete the adoption if everything checks out.
All of our pets come spayed or neutered and are up-to-date on vaccinations. All are microchipped, heartworm negative, current on flea/tick and heartworm prevention, dewormed, and treated for any ailments found upon veterinary examination. Our adoption fee covers a portion of these services, and makes it possible for us to continue rescuing animals.
An application does not obligate you to adopt. Please understand that our organization is run by unpaid volunteers, who dedicate their free time to help our animals. If your references are unavailable, it will delay the process, since those must be checked before moving forward. We thank you for your time and patience throughout our adoption process.
Our adoption fees are: Puppies (8 months and under) – $500.00; Dogs (9 months to 7 years) – $450.000; Senior dogs (8+) – $300.00;
We accept cash, check, or credit payments for adoption fees. There will be an additional fee for credit payments of $20.00.
Yappy Tails Animal Rescue reserves the right to deny any application. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.